Wednesday, June 08, 2005

fear not the root canal

it has been decided: everyone should forthwith cease to be afraid of root canals. seriously, i had one this morning, and it doesn't hurt at all. it stayed novocaine-numbed until about an hour ago, and i was worried that it would totally kill after it wore off - it doesn't though. but while my tooth doesn't hurt, 2 other things do: 1) my pride, because i still cannot get over the fact that i didn't have a single cavity until age 23 and now i've had a root canal and 2) my wallet, because this bitch root canal is going to cost me $1000. can you imagine? $1000? luckily my parents are awesome and are fronting me the money until i can pay them back (by the end of the summer, i've decided) because otherwise i would be totally screwed.

also, as bogdan would say, smoke this shit: morgan spurlock, the guy who did supersize me, is doing a reality show called 30 days, which i originally thought would be really stupid but now i think it will be really really cool because he's going to use the show as sort of a platform for social issues...for the pilot episode, he and his fiancee are going to move to columbus, OH and try to live on minimum wage, find jobs, affordable housing, etc - sort of like nickel and dimed i guess.

anyway, next tuesday, the center for american progress is going to have a special screening of the pilot episode, featuring a panel discussion with morgan spurlock, ted kennedy, and john podesta. for those of you who don't know, john podesta is a knox alum, so i plan on wearing lots of knox regalia and begging for a job.

and speaking of begging for a job, check out this article and this picture of dan lieberman's brilliant commencement stunt.

i'm ordering the dvd.

3 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched the Obama grad speech and it was pretty good. Dan Lieberman rocks my world. I think I may have to order that DVD as well.

The "30 Days" show you talked about seems really cool actually. I still haven't seen SuperSize Me, can you believe it?? And my high school's even in the damn movie. That's it, it's going on the Netflix list.

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice use of links in this post! It was like reading Wired, only with more Knox references.

So I'm now on the waitlist for the 30 Days opening. That sounds awesome! If I don't get moved up to the actual invitee list, I think I'll go anyway and demand that John Podesta let me in.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

funny how he's president and all.... I would keep that picture for a long long long time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

f