Monday, April 18, 2005

travels this summer!

so, i've been planning my summer travels, and it's very exciting. here's what i've got so far:

May 5-9: Knox! very exciting. i'll arrive on thursday night, go see nate play some mean saxophone at wherever they're doing jazz night now, then probably get drunk and raise hell every night. hopefully bogdan can coordinate a knox visit at the same time and it will be gorgeous.

June 1-5: HBES in Austin, TX, probably. it will cost me a shitload of money but it will be well worth it - carin, frank, steven pinker, and my darling mario from the dean campaign. i'll call it an investment in my mental health.

July 8-10: Home to Indiana for my best friend from high school's wedding reception. she got married in Alabama (no, i'm serious) last month, and she's having the indiana version of her reception on july 9, which will be totally hot. again, getting drunk and raising hell.

now i have to get back to work, because i was a total slacker on friday and i have a ton of stuff to do before my boss gets back tomorrow, and i also have to write a recommendation letter by wednesday...

oh, and if you haven't seen it already, netflix the woodsman right now. it's fucking amazing. and it's only an hour and 28 minutes long, so the goodness to time ratio is very high. it's like one of those quick-burning cigarettes that janeane garafolo invented in romy & michelle's high school reunion.

5 Comments:

At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that your trip to Austin, while mentally edifying, will also include some hell-raising and lots of drinking. Just to be clear.

If both you and Bogdan stay at my place for the conference, we will have some fun times! Sleepover! We could give Bogdan and makeover and dress him up in my clothes. I've got this killer strapless dress that he could totally rock.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger stefanie said...

oh, thank you for the clarification! i was a little worried it would be all work and no play. although, did i tell you the story about how last year at HBES they gave us free beer (i think it was free) and frank got so drunk that i left without him?

yeah, i should tell that story in my recommendation letter. i think the review panel for US professor of the year would appreciate that, don't you?

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, Frank rocks my cock off. That's hilarious. If I were on that council I would love to hear such stories. They show how well a professor is able to really connect with a student. Yeah.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Dug said...

oh, you should visit little ole me in galesburg too. well, I'll be at mcgillacuddy's eventually, but I may have to work part of the evening.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger stefanie said...

doug - don't worry, yo! i'm sure i'll be at mcgillacuddy's for the whole night on thursday. we're bound to run into each other, and if i get to hear some of that sweet sweet trumpet, then, bonus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

f