Tuesday, March 29, 2005

i got a new apartment!

after almost 6 months of living in the drab suburb of fairfax, VA, i will now finally be moving into the actual city of DC!

in honor of my new digs, i've decided to include a little interactivity in this post. go here: this is DC's subway map. now, look all the way over to the left on the orange line: vienna. that's where i live now. (actually, i live a 20 minute bus ride west of vienna.) if you trace the orange line toward the center, eventually you'll come to farragut west, which is where my office is located. trace the orange line a little further and you'll come to federal center SW, slightly east of the city center. that's where my new apartment will be! less than a mile from the national mall, where the washington monument and smithsonian and all that fun stuff is located and, just as importantly, only 6 stops from my office, which is about 8 minutes! so, my commute is going to go from over an hour twice a day to about 20 minutes including walking to and from the metro stations. bad-ass!

also: if you haven't read middlesex by jeffrey eugenides (the second book by the guy who wrote the virgin suicides), you should. it's terrific. one of the most absorbing books i've read in a long time - in the mornings i couldn't wait to get on the train so i could read it.

i guess that's all i have for now.

3 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That rocks. You need to post some pics of the place once you get it all set up. If I lived in DC, and owned a truck, I'd totally be there to help you move. I pinkyswear.

Also, I loved Virgin Suicides, I may have to pick up Middlesex for freetime reading. Heh, as though I have freetime. :)

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger stefanie said...

carin, don't hold out on me! you live in texas, where everyone drives trucks. now just hotwire one and get your ass over here! it's only like a 4 day drive!

(4 sentences, 4 exclamation points: a personal record.)

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger stefanie said...

apparently i can't count to four. disregard the personal record thing. i'll have to try for the record again tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

f