Wednesday, April 25, 2007

the new southwestern stef

so! phoenix! update time!

it's beautiful here, guys. mountains and clear blue skies and palm trees everywhere. my job is fantastic beyond all measure - really interesting, cutting-edge work, really wonderful and supportive colleagues. my condo is pure glamour - granite countertops! a balcony!

of course, there have been major adjustments. it's hot all the time! it was in the mid-80s, at least, almost every day in april. i have to put a sunshade in my windshield, those things i used to think were so tacky and a total overreaction, every time i leave it for more than half an hour - it's a necessity here unless you want your hands to actually melt and fuse into the surface of your steering wheel. my former favorite perfume smells completely different on the southwestern version of me. sunglasses and sunscreen, every day, all the time. i have to wear so much moisturizer that i'm considering buying stock in kiss my face.

also, i CANNOT stop listening to The Meadowlands by The Wrens. i'm not sure if this is phoenix-related or not but goddamn, is that a good album.

as soon as i replace my camera usb cable, i'm going to post like 4 million pictures. i'm not kidding! 4 million!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

f