Thursday, February 10, 2005

dean is still a rock star.

so, i went to a howard dean rally last night, which you can read about here. it was insanely bad-ass and there were over 1200 people there. we all crowded into (or onto the back patio of) capitol city brewing company and listened to howie make cute jokes about how he's not accepting any congratulations on the DNC chairmanship yet because "the election is still 3 days away, and remember how we felt 3 days before iowa?" and then he gave a kick-ass speech about how we're going to take our country back and I AM SO EXCITED about what we're going to be able to accomplish with him as chair. i left the rally with a huge smile on my face that didn't fade until, well, this morning when i walked into my office. but that's a story for another time. anyway, go howie!

also, i got 3 cavities filled this morning. isn't that gross? i made it to age 23 before i had any cavities whatsoever and then suddenly i had SIX. i mean, i brush my teeth twice a day, and sometimes i even floss! how could this happen to me? i've always gotten compliments on my dental hygeine and been complimented on my teeth. and now this! strangely, it also happened to a good knox friend of mine (who might prefer to remain nameless since s/he agrees that cavities are totally gross) - no cavities ever and suddenly a couple right at the end of college. what do you think caused it? the beer? the coffee? ugh.

also, you guys should check out this totally scary article on slate:

*s

4 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also went 23 years with no cavities or anything, not even braces. Then last year I got one cavity, and last week I went for a checkup and had TWO cavities!! Damn aging! I'm getting the two new ones filled on Valentine's Day. Joy.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger ruth said...

what is up. this is obviously some dentist conspiracy. perhaps it's some insurance scam? i have never ever had a cavity in my entire life... until i go to the dentist, one last time, on my mom's insurance this june. then, two cavities! and it still hurts!

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stef,
Per your request, I saw Million Dollar Baby last night and didn't share your enthusiasm for it. It definitely wasn't bad at all, but I just didn't think it is "Best Picture" quality, especially compared to what I thought was a better nominee: Sideways.

Maybe it was the fact that you told me (and all the critics claimed) it was so awesome, so I went into it expecting an unbelievably good movie. I dunno. I thought the characters weren't totally defined or consistent, and that the story just wasn't anything too special.

One thing I did really like about MDB was that there were virtually no 'beautiful' people or rich people in the movie which you typically find in every single movie even if they aren't the main characters.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger ruth said...

I totally have read this entry at least 4 times now. Can't we have something flashier? Didn't you take your top off the other night to a crowd of inmates or something?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

f