Wednesday, December 14, 2005

i had an interview today!

yes kids, that's right. i had an interview today at NOW and man, it went really well. like, really well! here's the job listing: Intern/Volunteer Coordinator.

i met with the VP for action and the VP for membership, and i already knew both of them because i've been volunteering there for a few months. i also have the endorsement of the outgoing volunteer coordinator, who is really great, but she's leaving to get her PhD. anyway, i totally aced that freaking interview. i was totally prepared - what are your strengths and weaknesses, what's an example of a success in your current position, why do you want to work for NOW. man, i was an animal!

man, i have been dreaming about quitting my horrible job for...what, 9 months? a year? if i finally get to quit, i will throw myself a fucking parade.

2 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Stef! Rock on!

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see that they received my bribe - I mean, er - Great job STef! ;)

Just kiddin, of course you would knock em dead! The job looks pretty sweet, you'll be making a difference in their organization, not just pushing paper.

After you get this awesome job we'll have to see about how your contacts can get me a NOW grant for my sexual victimization research.... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

f