Tuesday, August 02, 2005

hear me out: i'm not over you yet.

sing it, frou frou.

also, this is everything that is wrong with the death penalty. what if we had already killed that guy?

hmm, the past week has been pretty good, i guess. last friday i went to see thievery corporation and they put on an absolute hell of a show. they played for over 2 hours, and there were like 15 musicians on the stage at any given time. their music ranges from trippy lounge electronica (a gentle dissolve) to hip-hop (warning shots) to sitar-laden indian (satyam shivam sundaram) and it was just outrageous. they had all kinds of trippy graphics on the screen behind them - chris and i and our friends jen and brent were probably the only sober people there. in the words of jen, "i felt like a chaperone at a rave." for the last song of the encore, "light it up," the guy told us to hold up our cell phones because he wanted to see the lights (cell phones are the new lighters, apparently) and then he lit up a joint the size of my forearm and started pulling girls out of the audience onto the stage. it was pretty intense.

i helped chris move into his gorgeous new apartment last night. i am insanely jealous of his new place and i'm currently devising a plan to somehow trick him into switching apartments with me. (don't tell him.) suggestions?

also, everyone should go see the movies me and you and everyone we know and happy endings like, immediately.

finally: knox homecoming is october 14-16 and i'm pretty sure mike degroot and i are going. anybody else?

4 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could go to Knox for Homecoming. Tell everyone I said HI. I'm not joking, tell every single person!

Both those movies look cool. John and I just found a trailer for another movie that looks awesome (and has like 345353 stars in it): The Chumscrubber http://www.chumscrubber.com/ (comes out Aug 5th) Because I haven't watched TV in ages this could already be some big thing that everyone knows about. :shrug:

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger B said...

My brother sent me a mix cd of Thievery corporation a while back. I don't like it. I'm not even sure where it is right now, but I suspect it remains in whichever cd player is closest to where I was when I opened the letter two months ago.

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are y'all staying for homecoming?

Though I have not asked my housemate yet (nor have I met her), I'm sure it's cool if you stay with me!

love,

Katherine.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger stefanie said...

good question...i really don't know where we're staying. but i thought you were living with katelyn again next year?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

f